Monday, September 15, 2008

News and Thoughts From My Busy Shop!

Still waiting to hear about the fun things that might happen with Oriental Trading! My fantasy...they will actually send me to Ghana to present gifts to the kids! I have become very involved with the situation in Ghana. Then I could meet the two children I sponsor, and the other children too.

I was turned on to an interesting website City of Refuge Ministries that illustrates more of the problem and the work. There are many Christian organizations working in Ghana. The Organizations I work with the, IOM and USAIM are not Christian ministries. They are governmental agencies.



On to things that actually have something to do with the store!


This week has been moderatly busy. As you know, the last few weeks have been a crazy crazy BUSY wonderful time in the shop. I had to turn away many because I was already over booked. I always say that you have to have a sense of humor to come into my place! and an appointment if I am that busy! I am crawling on the floor trying to catch a toddler, my message machine is answering phone calls, and there is a general feeling of fun in the place along with hair on the floor! Please Please make appointments! I am willing to come in early and stay late if I know you are coming! I LOVE what I do!

Still, I have interesting seasons in my store. Right now with the back to school rush not quite so rushed, people are starting to wait until right before Rosh Hashanah ,so things have slowed down a bit, although the weekend was pretty busy. The holiday begins at sundown on Monday September 29 and ends at nightfall on Wednesday October 1. Right before it starts I will see another surge. Call soon! Also, you never know when someone will cancel. I PROMISE I will get all of you done!

I have been thinking about the toys in the store.

Everyone, tell me what kind of toys you want. You can email me at someplacespecial@gmail.com
Green stuff? Batmans? More art supplies? Educational toys? You tell me!

Remember, you are invited to come and play with my Thomas the Tank Engine play table anytime, so come in even if you are not getting a haircut or buying a toy!

See you soon!



No comments: